When we fancy a quick, fresh and healthy recipe, we can prepare these stuffed avocados in a very short time, ideal as a starter or first course, although they also make a quick and fresh dinner.
They can be prepared in no time at all and can also be stored in the fridge in advance.
I have filled them using ingredients I had in the fridge: canned tuna, surimi sticks, some chopped iceberg lettuce, capers, all with pink sauce and seasoned with parsley and dill.
- 1 avocado per person
- 4 surimi sticks
- 1 can of tuna in oil
- half an onion
- 1 handful of capers
- some lettuce leaves
- a little ketchup
- salt, pepper
- parsley and dill
1. Carefully scoop out the avocados and place them in a reserved dish. Cut the contents into small squares and place in a bowl.
2. Chop the onion very finely and add it to the bowl where we are going to prepare the avocado filling, together with the chopped avocados.
3. Drain the can of tuna well and add the crumbled tuna to the previous bowl.
4. Cut the surimi and capers and add them as well.
5. Wash and dry the lettuce or any salad herbs you may have at home and cut them into small pieces to garnish the stuff.
6. In another container, prepare the sauce by adding a little ketchup to the mayonnaise, with a few drops of lemon.
7. Stir the mixture, the sauce is ready.
8. Add the sauce to the stuffing and season to taste with salt and pepper, adding the sauce and mixing it in little by little.
9. Wash and chop parsley and dill or your favourite spices and add them to the filling.
10. With the help of a spoon, fill the avocados with the mixture and serve cold, or store in the fridge for later.
We can vary the filling to our taste with infinite possibilities: prawns, salmon, boiled eggs, salad, salad salad, anything we can think of and it is also ideal to use all those ingredients that we have left in the fridge and we do not know how to use them, it is an ideal and fresh recipe for the summer and at any time of the year.
Here you have other very fresh and simple recipes, try them: