Recipe with few ingredients and nothing complicated, as a base a basic sofrito with garlic, onion and tomato, a minced meat, some wine and some delicious mushrooms to accompany the rabbit meat, very simple with ingredients that we always have at home. If it is not the season for mushrooms, we can always use tinned or dried ones.
An autumnal recipe that will be ready in less than an hour and that you are sure to repeat on more than one occasion.
INGREDIENTS FOR RABBIT WITH MUSHROOMS
- chopped rabbit
- half an onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ripe tomato to grate
- 1 splash of white wine or rancid wine
- a handful of chanterelles
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bouquet of herbs (bay leaf, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 chopped hazelnuts, almonds.
- Clean the chanterelles and set aside. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Seal and brown the rabbit in oil in a casserole dish and when it is golden brown, put it aside on a plate. Do not forget to season the rabbit with salt and pepper.
- In the same oil, add the chopped onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, add the grated tomato to the sauce and continue cooking.
- Once the sofrito is cooked, add the rabbit and a splash of wine, preferably rancio wine.
Let the wine evaporate a little and add the chanterelles and a little water.
- Add the herbs and the mince and simmer until the rabbit is tender. If it dries out, add more water and adjust the salt.
Once the rabbit is tender, we turn off the heat, if we leave it to rest for a while, it will gain in flavour.
The rabbit is an ideal meat with little fat and rich in proteins, the combination with the chanterelles makes a recipe low in calories, to this dish also goes a lot of chorizo pepper meat so do not hesitate to add it if you like it.