A simple step-by-step recipe for an easy lemon mousse cake without using the oven, just the fridge and freezer.
Easily prepare this tasty dessert, ideal as a birthday cake, it will be a great success. First make a biscuit base, cover with the lemon mousse and a final layer with lemon jelly, the decoration is to taste.
For the base we could use a thin round sponge cake, but it is much quicker to make the base with cut biscuits and butter.
REST IN FR
8 h 45 min
- 1 removable mold of 22 cm.
Ingredients for the base
- 100g butter
- 200 gr biscuits type maria or digestive
Ingredients of the mousse
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 120g icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 75 ml lemon juice
- grated lemon peel
- 1 sachet of neutral gelatin or five sheets of neutral gelatin
- 1 envelope lemon jelly
- 1 drop of water approximately 250 ml.
1. First soak the sheets of neutral gelatine in water.
1. Prepare a removable round mould with copper foil on the base.
2. Now crush the biscuits and place them in a bowl.
3. Melt the liquid butter, for example in the microwave.
4. Add the butter to the chopped biscuit and mix to form a dough, then place it on the base of the mould and press it down and smooth it out so that it is straight and compact. Set aside in the freezer.
Preparation of the mousse
- Separate the egg whites and whip them until stiff. Halfway through whipping the egg whites, add half the icing sugar. Set aside in the fridge.
- Turn on the heat and put a saucepan with 75 ml of lemon juice, add the drained gelatine leaves, in my case I used 5, but you can also add a sachet of neutral gelatine.
3. Stir without boiling, when it is completely dissolved, turn off the heat and leave it to cool.
4. Whip the cream in a bowl. When the cream is half whipped, add the other half of the reserved sugar and the lemon zest and continue whipping the cream, taking care not to overdo it.
5. Take the egg whites out of the fridge and gradually fold them into the cream in an encircling motion from bottom to top, little by little.
6. The lemon juice is no longer hot, we are going to add it little by little to the previous mixture, we integrate it with the spatula and enveloping movements.
7. Take the mould with the biscuit base out of the freezer and add the lemon mousse, try to flatten it and leave it smooth on the surface. Once the surface is smooth, take it back to the freezer to freeze.
Preparation of the coverag
- Prepare the lemon jelly that will be on top, put a saucepan on the heat, add the glass of water (approximately 250 ml) and add the sachet of lemon jelly, mix well to dissolve the jelly and turn off the heat.
- When the gelatine is lukewarm, take the lemon mousse out of the freezer and pour the gelatine over it. Decorate it with whatever you like.
3. This time I have decorated it with a little cream and some flowers, but we can also leave it as it is, it is really delicious. In the photographs you can see three mousses with different decorations.
If you liked this recipe, share it and put your comments, I also recommend that you try: