Today is a simple and very tasty recipe, without any difficulty, chickpeas are a very healthy legume and this recipe provides us with phosphorus, iron, magnesium, group B vitamins and folic acid, plus the hard-boiled egg will provide us with lutein and choline, as well of high-quality protein.
- boiled chickpeas I used a pot where they come already boiled
- half an onion
- 1 ripe tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 slice of bread for frying, best from the day before.
- half a potato cut into small squares
ELABORATION STEP BY STEP ChickpeaS
- The first step will be to boil the egg, once the water boils we will count 15 minutes boiling and then we turn off the heat and let the hard-boiled egg cool down to be able to peel it.
Chop the onion, garlic and tomato and set aside.
Fry the slice of bread on both sides in a pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Now we fry the chopped onion, the potato squares and the grated tomato in the oil. Slowly cook over low heat. We season.
- Peel the hard-boiled egg, open it in half and separate the yolks on one side and cut the white into squares.
- In the mortar we prepare a picada with chopped garlic, the slice of chopped fried bread and a cut sprig of parsley. We can add a couple of almonds to the mince.
- Add the egg yolk to the mince and mix well
- Add the chickpeas to the casserole with a little water (bottle water is good) and stir well, adjusting the salt.
- Add the mince and stir, continue cooking over low heat. If it is dry we add water or even broth.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes and add the egg white for a few more minutes and the stew will be ready.
- It is a spoon dish that should be soupy, serve very hot.